Friday, October 12, 2012

Little Black Bag 6.1 (October)

It's that time again!  I labeled this one LBB 6.1 because I didn't ship the entire bag to myself this time, I decided to try out gifting.

What is gifting?  Gifting is when you select some of your items and send them to someone (or yourself) for $5.  Essentially, its another week of trading for $5.  So for this bag, I built it up and up and up, got 6 items I loved, and then sent the rest (19 items!) to myself.  I started out with 7 items and ended up with 25. o_O

Here are the 6 that made the cut!

My first pick was the red Olivia + Joy swanky tote, and I refused all offers on it...so I guess I made 6 items 24 items!  Wow.  Quadrupled.  :)

Red Olivia + Joy Swanky Tote, retail $88
Yes, its a true red.  Hooray.
Some inside action.

 This. Bag. Is. Amazeballs.  It is a great size for work and a wonderful pop of color for fall.  I actually don't own any red bags yet so this is great.  The side pockets are useful for my keys and phone and I like that it will keep its shape, I'm really into more structured bags for fall.  I know CheapSW saw tons of these in black at Burlington Coat Factory for $40, if anyone is interested!


Zayas!  Who doesn't love these?  They were crazy hot since they were only retail $25, but I managed to snag a black and a taupe MMS Zaya.  They are wallet sized with 12 credit card slots (6 inside, 6 outside) and a gold chain.  I love the gold studding detail around the edges and the pleating, it looks way more expensive than $25!  I think I have a thing for wallet clutches with chains, these are my 3rd and 4th from LBB.  Haha.  I am probably going to Christmas gift at least one of these, though.

MMS Zaya clutch, retail $25 each

Definitely more wallet than clutch, just a little over 2 credit cards wide.
Extra zipper at the base of the flap and lots of storage for cards and change.


On to jewelry. :)  I got two pieces I've been wanting for awhile, yay.  First up is...

My Robert Rose bars necklace.  I wanted this as soon as I saw it, I really like edgy, luxe looking bold necklaces.  There were only 2 available so snagging it early was important to me.  I was thinking it would be a heavier metal, but the sunburst pieces look to be a lighter painted plastic or something.  Doesn't really detract from the look, but makes it lighter than I expected, which is nice.  Its actually pretty long, with the shortest resting below my collarbone and the longest on my chest.  Makes it pretty versatile for different types of shirts. :)

Robert Rose gold bars necklace, retail $28
My iPhone 4s takes pretty decent pics. :)


Here's my FAVORITE jewelry item from LBB so far, my Spring Street crystal drops earrings!  The detail on the sides of these is amazing and the crystals are cut in such a way that they are crazyyyyyyyyy shiny.  Love times a million.  They are also surprisingly dainty, which I'm very glad about, makes them appropriate for anytime!  I think these would make a fantastic gift for Christmas, too, since they look so much more expensive than the $30 they retail for.  Definitely looking to pick up another pair in my next LBB.

Spring Street crystal drops earrings, retail $30
Pretty, right?!!?  You can kind of make out the wall of necklaces behind me, lol.

And finally (drumroll, please...) my duck speaker!  Only 6 of these were on the site when I was trading so once I got it early I refused to let it go...he was definitely going for more than double the cost!  Best part about this guy (other than being ridiculously cute) is that he is rechargeable via USB, so I don't have to worry about dealing with batteries.  Super plus!  He is also pretty loud.  I will keep him in the bathroom to play music while I shower/get ready.  He fits in perfectly there.

Kikkerland duck speaker, retail $20
Why hello there.  Call me Marvin. :)
Sorry about the (relatively) small bag this time around.  I'm currently trading my stupidly large gift bag, so another post to come in the near future.  Providing the Newgistics shipping can get it to me in one piece on the burro they use for transportation....cuz' that sucker takes foreverrrrrrrrr.  Hopefully I can get more things I love in this gift bag, if not, I'll be gifting yet again!  Totally worth the $5 if you have a lot to deal with, in my opinion. :)

As always, here's my referral link if you want to join in on the LBB fun.  Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed this informational article, which is highly matured with excellent quality & layout. I will wait for your future posts.


    non woven bags

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...