Friday, September 21, 2012

Little Black Bag 5: part II (September)


LOOK: PART II!!!  Here is the rest of my bag (jewelry and a lippie).


Hopefully you've already read (and enjoyed!) the first part of my September LBB.  This is the rest of the bag, all the little things that I decided to get.  I've been trying not to get too much jewelry, but this month had a depressingly small selection of home and accessories that I really liked, and anything I did like I would have to trade really high to get, so it wasn't that worth it to me.

And here we go!

Cargo lipgloss in Halifax.  Retail $24
Carol Duplaise hammered drop Earrings.  Retail $20
Kenneth Cole chip hoop Earrings.  Retail $28
The Cargo lip gloss is really pretty, its a nice peachy pink with very slight shimmer.  It is minty, which I wasn't expecting...never tried this gloss before, although I've used 7 of the Cargo blushes (thanks, LBB!).  Nice way to try it on the cheap.

The Carol Duplaise earrings are larger than I expected, and while pretty, I'm trying to decide if I like the posts or if I want to switch out to gold hooks.

Which looks better?
I kind of like that the hook makes them more simple and showcases the stone (which is a gorgeous smoky color) but I don't know.  The gold is very shiny for the giant post, it just might be too much for me I guess.

The Kenneth Cole chip hoop earrings are nice and dainty at around 1" around...the little hex nut looking beads can actually be taken off, and the largest middle one has two tiny crystal chips set in them.  A nice little extra touch.  I really like these, they will mesh well with my style and my other jewelry.


Now, I love me a good necklace, and I have gotten a few from LBB.  Before I got that Nila Anthony bag, I actually had several more necklaces, but luckily I cut back.  I have a LOT of jewelry as it is, and this site does not help with that addiction!  I'll have to do a post in future about my jewelry storage, because it is extensive.

Robert Rose mesh and chain necklace.  Retail $30
All the Rage assorted bead necklace.  Retail $26
Robert Rose waved snake metal collar.  Retail $34
The long gold mesh and chain necklace is really really pretty, I've been looking for a simple multi-chain gold necklace that is heavy enough to hang well.  Having a larger chest means lighter long necklaces can hang weirdly, but this has a good weight and the "mesh" section keeps it straight.  It hangs to a few inches above my navel.

The bead necklace looked pretty on the LBB site and is even prettier in person!

Pretty beads!
This one is about the same length as the gold one, a few inches above my navel, and its a great mix of intricate and weighty.  I am either going to give this to my mom, or I am going to keep it.  But someone who will appreciate this lovely will be wearing it, for sure.

The wavy snake necklace is beautiful up close, very shiny gold and looks great lying against my collarbone.  I try to pick jewelry pieces that look unique and more expensive, and this one certainly fits the bill.  Got the last one in the gallery and I'm glad I did, I was eyeing it for awhile.  Got some really good offers on it too, so I'm happy its just as nice as I was hoping it would be.


Finally, my skull collection!!

Mocha skull earrings (2 pairs).  Retail $15 each
Mocha skull bracelets (turquoise and coral).  Retail $20 each
ZAD white skull bracelet.  Retail $14 

So I have two sisters, both who like skull jewelry.  I was hoping to get some to save for Christmas gifts, and was successful.  However, I have a few issues:

The Mocha skull earrings are beautiful and detailed...but crazy heavy.  And with them being 2-3 inches long, they swing around a lot.  They looked tiny and delicate on the site, when in actuality the skulls are the same ones used for the bracelets and are 3/4 inch tall.

HOWEVER, I will be keeping them.  I'm going to shorten one pair so its just the sparkly ball and skull on hooks so it doesn't pendulum and pull the earlobe quite so much, and the other pair will either be used to make bracelets or pendants.

And by bracelets, I mean ones like the Mocha skull bracelets I received.  I am returning these both because:
1. I can make bracelets prettier than these using the one pair of earrings I will frankenstein.
2. The beads used for the bracelets just aren't as pretty as I thought they would be.  They ended up looking cheaper than I liked.
So, basically, I'd rather have the credit.  Awesomesauce.

Finally, the white skull bracelet is exactly how I expected it to be and will be perfect for one of my sisters.  Yay.

Hopefully this LOOK was both entertaining and educational.  Or at least one of the two.  If you feel compelled to open a LBB of your own, here's my referral link!  And I would love some comments if you have a minute to spare. :)

Images: 1-6 my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...