Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Little Black Bag 3 (July)

Going back in time a little bit to post a quick LOOK of my 3rd LBB!  Sorry in advance for the not-so-awesome iPhone photos, I took these quickly to throw up onto the makeuptalk pic thread and never got around to taking more, but they are certainly better than nothing!!


My first pick:



Steve Madden Taylor Cognac Satchel $88

SM satchel.  I. Love. This. Bag!!  Offers got crazy high (more than double the retail, easily) but keeping this was the right thing to do, its a very well made bag that looks much more expensive than it is.  I am a sucker for the gold hardware, the clip-adjustable long strap (clips onto loops on itself to shorten the strap!), and the front pocket that is the perfect size for my iPhone.  The color is also a rich cognac, which I didn't have in my bag collection yet.

Miztique Cross-Stitched Tote $72

Miztique tote!  I had questions on what color this tote actually was, and it turned out to be a putty-grey-beige color that is really unique.  Great neutral.  The handles and strap are a dark dark brown, and the bag is a good size for work.  Its not as big as I thought it would be, but big enough for a laptop or notebooks.  I'm really glad I didn't get a black bag for once in this LBB!

clockwise from top left: Green Kenneth Cole beaded necklace $50
BCBG gold heart bracelet $25
Gold chevron cuff $26
Lydell NYC turquoise square drop earrings $28
White and gold fabric necklace $28
3 Juko bracelets in yellow, turquoise, and white $28 each
Tribal Collar necklace $16
Spring Street Maharaja earrings $14

Here are some jewelry items!  I'll try to tackle these one at a time, and eventually get individual photos of the items I kept on here.
Kenneth Cole green beaded necklace. this is pretty long, it came down to a few inches above my navel, but I sent it back because each bead was a marbled green and white, and I was hoping they would be a more transparent jade-like bead.  Still really pretty but not what I wanted.
BCBG gold heart bracelet. love this guy, but he came to me broken!  Luckily, it was nothing a little superglue couldn't fix.  If your wrist is over 7 inches around, it might fit a little weird. and not want to lie flat along your wrist.  Not really bendable, and if you try you will probably break it.
Gold chevron cuff.  This is my favorite cuff now, its a shiny hammered gold that goes with everything.  Great for days when I just want one big statement piece on my wrist.
Turquoise square drop earrings.  I got these to give as a gift, they are really pretty and nicely made.  The resin stones are set well and are a cloudy white/aqua color.  They come to a point so its not just flat but has 4 triangular facets.  I think she'll really like these.
White and gold fabric necklace.  While I like this one, its much too short for me to wear (not a choker fan).  So it went back!
Juko bracelets!  I had to trade my butt off to get all 3, and I'm glad I did.  I ended up only keeping the white and turquoise though, since the yellow wasn't a mustard yellow like I was hoping, more like a plain yellow.  The gold hook detail is really nice and makes these a more unique bracelet.  My wrist is around 7 inches and these fit, but pretty closely, so if I wore them in an arm party they would need to be closer to my hand.  If your wrist is more than 7 inches these will be really tight.
Tribal collar necklace.  Love this piece!  I actually saw this exact necklace for $26+ at Macys the other day, so it was definitely worth picking up on LBB.  It has a mix of metals so it will work well with any other jewelry you might want to wear with it.
Spring Street earrings.  These were really really pretty, but very long, around 5 inches.  I tend to wear studs and just knew I wouldn't wear these so I sent them back and hopefully someone who does like long earrings will love them. :)  

clockwise from top left: Cargo blush in Topeka $28
Kikkerland pug salt and pepper shakers $8
All The Rage spike cuff $12
Casemate Rain iPhone 4/4s case (outer case shown) $40


Last 4 items of the 16 I received in this LBB!
Cargo Topeka.  I have gotten a total of 7 or 8 Cargo blushes from LBB (it is bad when you can't even keep count!  haha) and they are all fantastic.  This one is a peachy natural color with a little shimmer.  Cargo blushes are a great deal for $28 as they are more than twice the size of NARS blushes and just as good if not better.  They are finely milled and they blend wonderfully.  I will definitely open another bag if more Cargo pops up on LBB, its such a great deal!  For now, you can purchase them at Ulta, and Sephora in JCP may still have some on clearance for 50% off.
Pug shakers. Super cute ceramic doggies!  Instead of using them as shakers, I use them as mini-statuary on my bookcase.  They make cute little bookends or toppers on a stack of books.
Spike cuff.  It is a nice gunmetal open cuff that looks great in an arm party.
Casemate Rain iPhone case.  I actually got 2 of these in 2 different bags, I like it so much (also shown in LBB 4).  This pic is of just the outer shell that snaps onto the black silicone inner case.  Really nice and sturdy, my iPhone is now indestructable.

Hopefully this LOOK is helpful, and if you want to open a LBB of your own, please use my referral link!  Thanks, and please leave any questions or comments for me and I'll get back to you ASAP. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...